WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS (Domestic appliances)
This is a manufacturer’s warranty against defects in Gorenje domestic appliances. The benefi ts to you given by this warranty are in addition to your other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the goods or services to which this warranty relates.
This warranty only is applicable to appliances used in a residential application. If the said appliances are used in a business they are not covered by this domestic warranty.
Who gives this warranty?
For appliances purchased within Australia, this warranty is given by:
Asko Appliances (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.
(ABN 65 007 007 329) (Asko Australia).
Asko Australia contact details:
Business address: 35 Sunmore Close, Moorabbin, Victoria 3189
Telephone number: 1300 637 603
Email address: email@example.com
Australian Consumer Law
For Appliances purchased in Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
What is the warranty period?
- The warranty period will commence from the date of purchase of the relevant appliance.
- The period within which the defect in the Appliance must appear if you are to be entitled to claim under this warranty is 2 years from the date of purchase.
What does this warranty cover?
- Any parts in the Appliance found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship will be replaced at no cost to the owner during the Warranty Period. This includes parts and labour within Australia.
- Warranty service is to be carried out by Asko Australia, or an Authorised Service Agent only.
- Under this warranty, Asko Australia, or an Authorised Service Agent reserves the right to repair or replace any defective parts as deemed necessary.
- To the extent legally permissible, Asko Australia reserve the right to remedy a major failure in any manner permitted by section 261 of the Australian Consumer Law.
- Replaced parts become the property of Asko Australia.
- This Appliance is intended for domestic use only and is designed for operation in a residential dwelling. Use of the Appliance for commercial purposes or any use of the Appliance outside of a residential dwelling will void the warranty.
- This warranty is non-transferable and only applies to those goods sold and used within Australia.
What is excluded?
- Damage to or faults in the Appliance caused by the following are excluded:
To the extent legally permissible, no responsibility will be accepted for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, or for personal injury or for any additional expenses relating to or caused by the Appliance.
Any additional travel costs outside the normal areas serviced by Asko Australia, or an Authorised Service Agent will be costs borne by the owner of the Appliance.
- incorrect installation, usage, detergents, cleaning of fi lters, or removal of blockages, oven trays, racks, telescopic guides;
- vermin, rodent or pest infestation;
- supply services (power/water);
- neglect and/or abuse;
- use of the Appliance in a manner inconsistent with the uses specifi ed in the User Guide; and
- any owner’s modifi cations made to the Appliance.
- natural disaster like fl oods, fi re, lightning damage or power surge.
- refrigeration (Built-in or Fully Integrated Models) - Warranty will be void if installed by an unauthorised person.
What must you do to make a warranty claim?
To claim under this warranty:
- For Appliances purchased in Australia, after purchasing product you may complete the product registration form.
- As soon as the defect appears in the Appliance, contact us on the contact details provided in this warranty and advise us of the nature of the defect.
- Provide us with your proof of purchase of the Appliance upon request.
- A suitable time will be made to visit you and examine and/or repair the appliance.
Who bears the expense of claiming the warranty?
- Asko Australia will cover all expenses in relation to your claim under this warranty, except for those expenses incurred as a result of additional travel costs outside the normal areas serviced by Asko Australia, which must be borne by you.
- Any claims by you under this warranty (including expenses incurred in making such claim) should be made to the contact details set out in this warranty.
If any provision of this warranty is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected and such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision is to be severed from this warranty. If you require assistance regarding these warranty conditions or have any other enquiries, please visit www.au.gorenje.com or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free on 1300 637 603. Provision is to be severed from this warranty.